With online marketplaces like Amazon, people are able to buy more and more every day and they’re able to buy whatever they need with a few keyboard strokes or swipes on a phone.
Buying things may be easy, but there’s always some amount of risk involved. Bottom line: when people buy things and open them up, there’s a certain expectation that whatever they bought will work and work properly.
But that doesn’t always happen. In fact, sometimes people can become injured by products. No doubt that some percentage of those injuries are minor, but there are other injuries which turn out to be life-changing and catastrophic i.e. a product has something sharp that a person is stabbed by or a product gets too hot or too cold and causes damage to the skin.
When the catastrophic injuries happen, victims need to consult reputable product liability lawyer. There are many good reasons to hire a product liability lawyer or personal injury lawyer to go forward and try to get a settlement in court for your troubles. Some of those troubles include:
- Experience: When comes to navigating anything where legal matters are concerned, you need an experienced lawyer in your corner. It doesn’t matter if you’re dealing with bankruptcy, patent law, product liability, real estate disputes, malpractice or something else, nothing beats having an experienced lawyer by your side.
Oftentimes, insurance companies will encourage people to reach settlements and many people do so without a second thought. But this isn’t always the best plan of action for many reasons. A victim of an injury due to product defects may not realize how much they might be entitled to or that insurance companies tend to offer settlements that are low.
With an experienced lawyer, he or she will spend time with you to figure out what happened with the defective product, the extent of the injury and figure out what constitutes fair compensation in your case. Lawyers deal with insurance companies all the time, so they’ll know exactly what to do to make sure you don’t get shortchanged.
- Peace of mind: Defective and poorly-built products can cause some serious injuries and cause folks to miss work for significant amounts of time. When that happens, the medical bills usually pile up and other everyday expenses come into play with no money coming into the home. Thankfully, a product liability lawyer can give you advice and help you get the money you deserve to be able to make ends meet. In short, lawyers can give you peace of mind.
- No-cost consultation: When you call and schedule an appointment and then eventually meet with a lawyer, the initial consultation costs absolutely nothing. This is another way you can get peace of mind because you’ll be able to sit and explain your case to a lawyer without worrying about getting a big bill when it’s all said and done.
- Reasonable attorney costs: You’ve likely seen commercials for personal injury lawyers where folks talk about how a lawyer got them hundreds (or millions) of dollars in a settlement. Sometimes this happens, but not all compensation is the same. But the good news is that there is no legal charge for services in these cases unless you win. Basically, a lawyer assumes all risk. If you win, a lawyer takes a certain percentage of the compensation.
- Helping your fellow man or woman: One of the best things about pursuing a product liability lawsuit or seeking a settlement is pointing out defects or dangers in a company’s products. This helps product thousands of everyday folks, who may have purchased the same product or products and may be unaware of defects.
Even if you consider yourself a careful person, people can be injured by products with defects unexpectedly and at moment’s notice. Pursuing legal action alone will likely lead to a lot of obstacles including the company, the court system and insurance companies. In fact, it’s estimated that just 1% of civil cases reach federal courts today. With a lawyer in your corner, you’ll get needed advice and a strong partner in your quest for a fair settlement.