Have you ever thought about using Conex containers for a home? Shipping containers can be really useful as a type of manufacture home, which 17 million of us are already living in, anyway. Repurposed shipping containers can make amazing structures, and here?s five creative ways you can use old Conex containers that you probably never thought of:
- Try building yourself a simple, safe, and portable garage. The steel outside of a shipping container will protect your vehicles, the containers are easy to lock but simple to open, and the whole thing is portable, too. You can mix and match containers with simple roofs in ways that give you open space for maintenance, office space, and locking space for your tractors, motorcycles, or other vehicles.
- Use Conex containers to store your memorabilia. If you?re running out of space in the house, a repurposed shipping container can be outfitted with shelves, drawers, lights, air conditioning, and whatever else you need to keep your collection organized, safe, and accessible. This is an especially good idea if you collect things that can be oddly shaped a bulky, like toys.
- Make the perfect place for your hunting or fishing outing. If you?re going on a long hunting or fishing trip, you know how important it is to have reliable shelter and a safe place to store thing you?re going to need. Modified Conex containers have a lifespan of 25 years with almost no maintenance required, and are good at standing up to everything Mother Nature can dish out. They also don?t need a foundation, so they?re a great place to store your gear and firewood and come back to at the end of the day.
- Turn an industrial shipping container into a child’s dream playground. These containers are environmentally friendly, since they?re made of 85% recycled steel and are fully recyclable if they need to be demolished. They last a long time out in the elements, and throwing several together and adding some stairs and slides can make an amazing structure for kids to play on and in.
- Use Conex containers to build an affordable, environmentally friendly, portable home. There are companies that will sell you shipping container homes ready made, if you don?t feel up to the tax yourself. But if you live in an area without extreme weather, shipping container homes make some of the cheapest, most durable, and easily transportable living situations you?ll ever see.
There are a lot of possible uses for old Conex containers, and these are just a few of them. Really, the only limits are your imagination, so look into what you might be able to do with a few of these repurposed steel boxes! You might just surprise yourself.