As an independent agency of the U.S. government, the General Services Administration (GSA) was established in the year 1949 to help support and manage the basic functioning of federal agencies. As a clearing house for many of the supplies that various agencies need, the GSA offers for sale everything from fire and emergency services equipment to operational solutions for organizational clothing and individual equipment pieces. The purpose of the GSA is to offer affordable prices to agencies. These prices would not be available if individual agencies were forced to buy their own supplies from individual suppliers.
Finding the right special operational equipment is an essential need for many groups across the country. Being able to purchase these various kinds of equipment can help even the smallest of agencies get all of the supplies that they need without having to negotiate prices on their own.
Special Operational Equipment Helps Protect Workers in Agencies Both Large and Small
Tactical equipment, including a tactical optics system, is an essential part of making sure that all of the employees of federal agencies are both safe and effective. Knowing that these items are available from the GSA means that even small numbers of items ordered can help the agencies who are the most in need. Consider these facts and figures about the many supplies that people need when they are working to serve the nation through federal agencies:
- Government buyers spent nearly $1.2 billion through the GSA Security Schedule in fiscal year 2017.
- Categorized by industry, the GSA Schedules program is broken down into approximately 30 schedules or contracts.
- Amounting to more than $1 billion in high-quality vehicles and automotive services, GSA procures more than 65,000 vehicles a year.
- Known as Special Item Numbers (SINs), the GSA Security Schedule includes more than 100 subcategories.
- GSA’s Buildings and Building Materials Schedule 56 Contract provides federal government agencies with a source for quality industrial services and supplies, as well as structures that are prefabricated.
Whether you are looking for the latest firearm optics or you are searching for the best way to purchase various kinds of weapons components, federal agency orders from the GSA are often the best option. From firearm optics to other specific kinds of individual equipment, it is important to make sure that you are ordering the highest quality and most affordable items.