If you are considering a kitchen remodeling project, then chances are that you have a plan when it comes to choosing the materials and styles you want to incorporate into it. One of the areas you may focus on is the countertops. Despite many of the materials used to build a counter today, there is one that will never lose its credibility: natural stone. Natural stone offers a lot of benefits but the most prevalent one is that they are long-lasting and durable. Here are some of the benefits that come with installing natural stone in your kitchen.
Appeals to Buyers
Natural stone countertops draw in potential homebuyers because of their luxurious look. Apart from its stylish looks, natural stone also requires minimal maintenance and is also durable. These qualities help to increase your home’s resale value and marketability.
Many countertop materials that are cheap to acquire and easy to install mostly have certain misgivings. They are often made up of harmful chemicals and materials that could harm the environment. Natural stone offers an eco-friendly voice of material since it’s not created from man-made materials.
Start by thinking about granite and quartz countertop outlet near me, or counters for sale near me. Both are good ways of finding where you can purchase quality materials you can for your granite countertop remodel. A good countertop remodel is essential to the aesthetic appeal most kitchens have and if you want yours to resonate with the same qualities, reach out to us today to get high-quality granite slab holders.
Redoing your kitchen is a great way to add value to your home and quality to your life. The right counter is durable, offers great looks, and will form a centerpiece in your kitchen, tying everything together. When it comes to countertops, it’s hard to beat natural stone. Many consider it to be the best material to use for kitchen countertops and perhaps the best among the best cheap kitchen countertops.
So what makes natural stone perhaps the best material to use for kitchen countertops? For one, natural stone offers excellent looks. Each stone piece is unique. Whether you opt for marble countertops, granite, or another rock material, you’ll have a lot of gorgeous options. Ultimately, stone works with a wide variety of cabinets and floors and offers a classy look in many different settings.
Stone countertops are also among the best durable countertops. Stones are durable and hard, yes, but they’re also resistant to liquids, such as wine, sodas, and more. Stone countertops are typically easy to clean as well. So is stone the best option for kitchen countertops? It’s certainly among the top choices for the best countertop material for the money.
Natural stone such as marble has been used in design, art, and architecture for thousands of years. Historians have found evidence that it was used by cultures such as the Mesopotamians and the Egyptians. Natural stone slabs make up some of the most environmentally friendly materials that are used in building and architecture. When they are used in hotel lobbies, it has been estimated that about 81% of people traveling appreciate it. They say they prefer to stay in hotels who make efforts to use environmentally friendly materials such as architectural stone. Kitchen remodels are very popular in the United States and about 93% of people who say they plan to redo their kitchens say they plan to find natural stone slabs for sale for their countertops.
If you are thinking about redoing your kitchen you may be considering using architectural stone for your countertops but there are other options. You can do with natural stone, ceramic slabs, tile, vinyl, or something else altogether. If you are not sure what kind of material you should use for your countertops, you can always bring in a professional to help make that decision. Nearly 87% of homeowners who are planning to redo their kitchen opt to bring in an expert to help, according to the 2016 HOUZZ Kitchen Trends Study.
Here are some of the reasons to consider architectural stone and tile for your countertops:
- Countertops made from this kind of material look great. Whether you decide to go with marble, soapstone, or granite can make an immediate change to the way your kitchen or bathroom looks. While different people have different senses of what looks good and bad, most people react favorably when they see countertops that are made from one of these natural stones. They instantly add class to a space.
- Architectural stone is very durable. It has been estimated that when floors are made from marble, they can last a century when they are taken care of properly. When this material is used for countertops and they are maintained correctly, they can last at least a lifetime, this is according to the National Association of Home Builders. The even better news is that while they say these items need to be maintained properly, they require very little in the way of maintenance. That makes them perfect for modern life when we spill a wide variety of things on our countertops. When they are made from natural stone, they can naturally repel red wine, coffee, and will even be able to stand up to using them as a cutting board.
- Countertops made from natural stone are very unique. Like snowflakes, no two pieces of natural stone such as soapstone, granite, or marble are exactly the same. When you pick these materials for your home, you can create a look that is all your own. If you enlist the help of a countertop designer, you can select a color and pick a design that complements the style of your home and reflects your personal style.
- You get a lot for your money. In addition to lasting forever, using architectural stone in your home, no matter where you use it, it will make your home’s value go up. In the same way that hardwood flooring adds a timelessly classy look to a home, using natural stone has the same effect. Even when the style of the countertops or flooring is done in a modern or contemporary look in mind, the look will pass the test of time. This makes selecting natural stone to be a great way to add value to your home in a way that other materials cannot.
- It is customizable. When you pick architectural stone for your countertops, they slabs are custom cut for your counters. This means you can get the size and the style that works with what you already have. For instance, if you have an island in the middle of your kitchen that is a different shape, you can get natural stone that will fit it perfectly. With this kind of material, you can get the exact thing that you want for your kitchen or bathroom.
No matter what look you want, architectural stone can make it a reality.